West Gallery Christmas Music
The music, which is also referred to as choir-band music, is written in three- or four-part harmony with accompaniment for keyboard, violin and bass. If available, other instruments were used such as the Serpent and Ophicleide.
The current collection contains the following music:
1. While Shepherds watched; Nativity [Lyngham] Thomas Jarman of Clipston 
2. Methinks I hear the Heav'ns Resounding; John Munden of Brixworth 
3. Let an anthem of praise and a carol of joy; Caleb Ashworth of Daventry 
4. Hark the Glad Sound (Doddridge); tune (Job's Piety) by E Butlin of Spratton 
5. Hosanna to the Royal Son (Watts); tune (Radford) by James Mursell of Kettering [c1855]
6. Glory to God (J Rippon); setting (Bradford New) by Blundell of Walgrave 
7. Hark the Herald; William Stretton of Aldwincle (1817-1907)
8. Blessed be His glorious Name; Thomas Jarman of Clipston [c1826]
Published in 2002 this
booklet was edited by
and former musical director
Dr Stephen J Weston.
It was reprinted in 2007,
and there may be copies still available!
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like any information
about this publication.